The CPPS Examination
The CPPS certification examination is a computer-based test offered throughout the year at AMP Assessment Centers located domestically in the United States and internationally. The examination is administered by appointment only. Available dates will be indicated when scheduling your examination. Candidates are scheduled on a first come, first-served basis.
Candidates will be given two hours to complete the examination.
Candidates will be tested on the following six patient safety domains:
- Risk Identification and Analysis
- Data Management System Design
- Mitigating Risk Through Systems Thinking and Design and Human Factors Analysis
- External Influences on Patient Safety
How to Prepare for the CPPS Examination
- Review the Candidate Handbook [PDF format].
- Review the Resource List.
- Take a practice examination to help you evaluate your level of preparedness for the certification examination. Practice examinations are available for $65 and may be ordered online. To learn more, click here.
How to Apply
To apply for certification and select an exam date, click here.
Candidates testing outside the US may submit their application online or by mail. International candidates will be notified of the exam scheduling process as follows:
- Online applicants will be notified by email as soon as they complete the application.
- Candidates who submit a paper application form will be notified by e-mail within 10 business days of receipt of their application form. The Examination Application can be found in the Candidate Handbook [download PDF].
How to Locate Testing Centers
To view a list of testing centers:
- Visit www.goamp.com
- Select the “Candidates” tab on the right-hand side
- Choose the category, program and examination
- Certification Board for Professionals in Patient Safety
- Certified Professional in Patient Safety
- Click the “Locate Testing Centers” tab on the right-hand side
- Candidates within the US enter preferred zip code
- International candidates select Country from the drop down menu
The cost of the CPPS examination is $325. Members of the American Society for Professionals in Patient Safety (ASPPS) qualify for the discounted rate of $275. For information about how to become a member of ASPPS, click here.
For further information regarding the certification program, please send inquiries to email@example.com.